Friday, September 13, 2013

Custom bevelled privacy panel..PART TWO..

This is why we love what we do...amazing clients and amazing projects!  Fridays is the catch up on paperwork day at the studio for me...by myself...I might meet with a few clients...but this day is suppose to be about reorganizing myself for the next week. "I did some paperwork today, but not much"... I just could not stop trying to capture the awesome light refraction going on in this panel... And although I did get some good shots..it is so hard to get the perfect one...  maybe I should go to photography class... I need some help.

This panel has so much going on..  Final destination is an amazing multi story condo in Toronto.  (Huge windows with tons of natural light...what I would term transitional design detail..) This panel incorporates some of the design detail from original leaded glass panels from the upper floor in the outer border...  deco.  The inner section is an adaptation from the panel we finished a few months ago.. We have incorporated a intense brown to pull in the color of the hardwood throughout the condo.  Except for the greens used in the leaves be have kept the remaining palette clear...crystal clear by using European Glass ..(some Saint Just from France and GNA from Germany.) As mentioned previously Starfire was used in the custom bevels we made and also some PWC Cathedral.   All of my favorites. Besides the beauty of this panel what also is amazing in the interior structure we have creating the flow of glass cut that intersection.  This makes the panel so strong from a structure point of view while adding to the beauty of the piece...  All most admirers see is a beautiful panel... I see a structurally stable "beautiful panel."  ;)

close up of custom stained glass panel, Glassworks Studio Toronto.

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment